Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Philly Roulade!

Tonight I decided to try another roulade. This time I found my butcher's twine, so I'm hoping that the results are even more fantastic than last time (last time was pretty killer, though)!

Today we are having what I am calling a "Philly Roulade". Basically, it's steak filled with Philledelphia cream cheese, onions, and four colors of bell pepper. This is rolled up, tied, and baked. Toward the end I'm dumping some salsa mixed with tomato sauce over it for extra moisture and flavor. I think I might roast some corn while I have the oven on, too.

Here are some pictures from the process:

Salt, pepper, and yellow mustard go on top of thinly cut steak.

Cream cheese, onion slices, and bell pepper slices go on top.

Roll it up (I use a flexible cutting board just for this reason)

Tie it up (I learned from watching Good Eats with Alton Brown) and season with salt and pepper. Then just roast!

No comments:

Post a Comment